Remain in High Demand
Certifications are becoming increasingly important in the piping industry, as craftsmen are often required to hold specific certifications in order to verify their ability to perform the complex and challenging work of the modern pipe mechanic.
United Association members have access to a variety of certification programs, enabling them to obtain the credentials they need to meet workplace demand. Programs include valve repair, medical gas installation, welding, refrigerant handling, industrial rigging, UA/MCA foreman, geothermal, green awareness and instrumentation.
Each program relies on third party validation for an objective evaluation of UA journeyman’s ability.
The UA offers the following specialized pipe trade certification programs to journeymen:
- UA Welder Certification – within this certification there are currently 84 different UA Weld Tests.
- UA/NCCCO Crane Signalperson Certification
- UA Green System Awareness Certification Program
- UA/MCAA Foreman Certification
- UA/EPRI Industrial Rigging Certification
- UA/EPRI Valve Technician Certification Program
- UA/EPRI Instrumentation Technician Certification Program
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector
- UA Energy Audit Certification
- UA/ASSE Backflow Certification
- UA OSHA Certification
- UA Medical Gas Technician Certification Program
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification Program
- UA Nuclear Mechanic Program
- Authorized Testing Representative
- UA Plastic Piping Installer
- UA Non Destructive Testing
- MT-Magnetic Particle Testing
- PT-Liquid Penetrant Testing
- UA STAR Certification
- HVACR Service Technicians
- Fire Sprinkler Fitters
To learn more about the United Association's dedication to training and to certifications, visit their website.